Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon

4 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Empty AU RP Undying Phenomenon

Post by Virgina Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Undying Phenomenon

About this RP
  • This is an alternate universe role play for a reason: the character you choose to play as can die! Watch out for that.
  • If you want to participate, just post right now in character, accepting the shopkeeper's plea. Once I got a good head count, this quest can begin! RP has started! Contact me through PM or other means so we con discuss how to introduce your character. It shouldn't be too much trouble. Chances are, it'll be simple as walking in. :3
  • This thread will be using my RP System. You can read all about it here!
    If you just want to see what steps to take to create a character, look over here!
  • But for now, it's okay to post as a character even without his or her stats created. If you commit an action that requires a check, I will roll with the appropriate modifications for the default Familiar, Uplift, or Dreg.
  • I will allow redistribution of omega points if some choices show to be less useful or if you change your mind. Don't be afraid! This is untested after all!
  • I will make a character sheet for your character if you ask! Just tell me about your character and I will fill in the most appropriate things for it. Or, just tell me what play style you like. You can PM me and we'll work it out. (want to be a good spell caster that heals; a fighter; sneaky; etc.)
  • Birds and flying animals are allowed! I don't know if I had to say that, but there you go!
  • RP replies can be a descriptive or short as you want them to be. It's totally okay to switch between them if you find yourself with more or less time.
    >Doing post like commands is okay too!
    >Accept Quest
    >Talk to that chicken guard over there!
    >Loot that wardrobe!
  • I encourage role playing with the NPC and fellow players. See how far you can steer the story and explore things!
  • Feel free to "try out" this RP. If you don't like it after a while, or can't keep up, you can PM me and I put him or her on a bus!
  • And if the RP system proves to be inadequate or cumbersome, we can abandon it and just try a normal RP.

We begin our tale in darkness.

"Well, it's come down to this."

Just ahead of you flows a heavy sigh. You look atop a counter and see remnants of jars, used plates, and a stack of lids. In the middle lies a fox terrier, the owner of the general store you've been holding up in for five days.

Five days. It's been that long. You can still hear them. Their terrible moans. The damned walk the streets of Chervil, a renowned town of prosperity in the up and coming Anise Kingdom.

To keep hidden, the terrier insist limiting any light source that could attract attention. Tonight seems different, however. The terrier lights a lantern. While the flame still flickers, he looks at you.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Foxterriershopkeep

He breaks eye contact only to look at his collie wife and pup daughter. He states at you again. "I don't think they're coming back." He's referring to the poodle and iguana that left three days ago. "And, well, frankly, I think we should consider more active options. We need to find help.

"I don't know what it is, but I feel you're our best chance to get out of this mess."

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Napkinmap

The store owner then hands over an unkempt handkerchief with unnatural stains. "In case of an invasion, this market street is suppose to evacuate to the nearby book building. I think you should look there.

"Do your best."

>You got a [Mapkin]! *APPROPIATE ITEM GETTING MUSIC*

Some Extra Info You Might Want to Know
"(click here) But I'm sure all of this will come up in the adventure":

Some important links: Crossed-off links are temporary unusable until the premium domain name is back. Please use the links next to them until then.

The complete rules for the Mink Venture RP System: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t25-cody-s-rp-system-mink-venture-wip

The Quickstart Character Creation Guide Thread: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t28-cody-rp-character-maker-quickstart-guide

The Thread to post your character sheet: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t27-wip-rp-system-character-post-board

Last edited by Virgina on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : links and to emphasise leniency on char making choices)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Aether : 4876

Back to top Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Empty Re: AU RP Undying Phenomenon

Post by Virgina Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 pm

They sink their teeth into Tinctus' vest, but he pulled them off with little trouble. His living shield paid off as neither of them got to the goat. As the other damned draw closer, however, he fears he may not protect this new teammate from them all.

Last edited by Virgina on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better color commentary)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Kettle looked aghast as his new ally took the shrieking, gnawing assault in front of him. "This way!" he choked, dogging it for the prop door.
>get to the lift past the wino club!
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4799

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Tinctus didn't realize if he was either lucky, or strong. He just thought he was competent in the fight, but these frail creatures acted far healthier than they look! He'd put up a fight with his two opponents, but as the others drew near Tinctus became wary of his chances.

As soon as he heard the goat's voice behind him, there was no need for a second opinion to know what to do.

>Hauls after Kettle!
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf
Cryomancer Ermine Familiar

Aether : 4747

http://tewi.us/tegaki/uentries.php?u=93882

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 pm

The pair retreat into a horrendously lively theater than one Kettle left moments ago. The spirits within the auditorium ruptured, sending the dead cramming into the backstage! By the time Kettle and Tinctus made it into the side corridor, a mob formed behind them.

They were making up the upward slant of the corridor when a pair of fangs reached for Kettle! The goat's decision to ignore the fork in the passage is now about bite him!

>ATK [d20+(?) vs d20+7] DEF

>DMG (d8+?)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 pm

The member 'Virgina' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 20, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 3
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5037

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 pm

(Oh my, that's a critical hit D:)

The goat gets a mouth full of canines and molars. The bite does everything short of making Kettle lose consciousness.

>Kettle takes 13 damage!

A mighty swipe and shove from Tinctus knocks the baddie off the goat, and they both quickly resume their daring dash. Blood tickles as the two press onward from the hoard behind. Kettle tries his best to lead despite his vicious blow.

They past the door with the little window in its panel. It remains locked and unexplored.

They briefly look over the double-door entrance to the auditorium. A number of ravaging claws bear at it on the other side, but the barricade holds on. It looks as if it's not going to give any time soon.

They past the greeting to the Wino Club. Tinctus aids Kettle through the counter door and across its workplace to the kitchen frame.

They past the kitchen and the refrigerator room door. Still unlocked, still shut.

The two finally reached the lift, but it's only a matter of time before their chasers catch up.

Last edited by Virgina on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:09 pm

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
>Kettle: put the keys in and start it!
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:09 am

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Th_lazlo_Theater_26_rooftoprumblebetter

The key turns the lift alive, and with the press of a button, it blasted above. When it stopped, you both step into the roof. It's less chaotic here than the ground floor. You might even say eerily peaceful. In just a few moments, the sun will settle and dusk will give in to night.

In the center of the roof lies a large cover. During the day it's usually folded out to let sunlight provide for the lighting services of the theater. Now it's used to cover a grizzly scene.

Finally, opposite the roof appears to be the normal rooftop entrance.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:22 pm

That was a powerful adrenaline rush, but he's very used to that.

Tinctus was surprised with the lift, seeing as he still wasn't used to these.
Upon reaching a the relatively safer place, he looked down from the roof's edge, smirking a bit. Something he does rarely, but this escape felt good to him.

He walked ahead a bit, at first ignoring the goat's presence. He then looked over his back, remembering his wound. The goat was in a sorry shape.

"Can you take it?", he asked, in a very coarse voice, which was his natural tone.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Kettle hazily eyed his wounds, the grave question repeating in his head. "I'll keep going," he stated shakily.

Golden liquid reflected the fading sun's light as it dribbled onto a thick cloth. A clink on the ground. Gritted teeth pressed the material down on canine and claw gashes. He struggled to toss it around his torso as a bandage. A couple tries and failures, and a nervous laugh.

He glanced at his new comrade sheepishly, "maybe you... could get... for me." His uneven voice and breathing was amplified by the adrenaline still kicking around in his body.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:07 pm

He stood there, watching him about in his attempts.
A short sigh was heard from Tinctus, but it seemed more like a blow to clear his nose. He approached Kettle in a quick step, in an intent to aid the goat.

> Aid another on Kettle's First Ai- oh wait

The smell of blood made him hunger, but he was better than that. With another blow of the nose he shrug off the scent, unsure if he should give out his only potion to him...

"I have potion." he finally replied, in his meager jargon. "Perhaps you should hold it, if you need it."
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:24 pm

The brown goat shook his head in surprise. "Thank you."
>accept Potion

Kettle sat, and looked appreciatively at his partner-in-survival.
"My name is Kettle." He clumsily pulled out the [mapkin] and pointed to the book store, "I came out of hiding, today, to find help at this meeting place. You are the first person I've... seen so far."
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Tinctus took his potion in a very unlikely place; from his pouch, right on the belly. The bottle had a very keen smell.

"Tinctus" he replied, sitting as well. He looked at the map, carefully trying to decipher it to the best of his ability.

"I just arrived here before attacked. Any plans?"
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:16 am

Kettle eyed the bottle removed from Tinctus' pouch, and would have winced if it were not for his own wounds making him cringe already. He put the medicine in his own cloth pouch, and nodded thankfully.
"Mmm... My plans so far were to get up here," Kettle looked around the tented area, and off to the horizon. That's right! He originally chose this spot for safety, and a possible vantage point.

>try to get a scope of the area, mark down anything noteworthy on the mapkin
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:40 pm

From the back of his head, a disprovable feeling badgered him about giving away the potion.

While Kettle was distracted, Tinctus wandered off, looking and smelling his surroundings, slowly approaching the southern door through the western wing of the rooftop.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:34 am

The two animals decided to make the best of their height advantage. More creeps began to hover towards the theater.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Th_lazlo_Theater_26_moreroof

Tinctus begins to sniff and look over the area while walking towards the rooftop entrance. Nothing unordinary catches his nose. The stench of the walking dead and auditorium victims does bother him.

He also looks at the building south of the theater. Unfortunately, the height of its roof makes it impossible to discover the roof space and too dangerous to jump over.

His attentions goes to the theater's rooftop entrance. It's sturdy but locked.

Kettle walks around and checks for neat things to mark on the mapkin. He draws the same conclusion with the southern side of the theater, and the north and east side sees nothing but open air.

The west side gave a vista of main street. Two straight lines of shops lead to the front of the theater, with the furthest and unreachable line hosting the general store Kettle hide in for several days. The other line of buildings could have been touching the theater if it weren't for a pedestrian street standing between them. An arching overhead sign welcomes its walkers to the park just at the end of the road. Although a bit small, with some effort, someone could fashion a decent bridge between the stores and theater using that arch.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Roofbridgelookover

Which is exactly what someone did. The two couldn't believe it. It looked like one of their best chance to get out of the district and find help was through this makeshift. However, two bog concerns lay before the survivors. One is the questions of the craftsmanship of this escape path, but the other...

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Roofspecial

...has to do with the distance in-between they and the "bridge". A jump from the roof would be and act of suicide at worst and a leap of faith at best. A quick servery showed a thin span hugging the theater wall. And not too far lay a boarded window from an upper floor.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:37 am

After inspecting the bridge and the wall, he stepped back sheepishly.
Ledge hopping was a highly nostalgic activity for Kettle. Though certainly, a goat can have other pastimes. Some of his cultured relatives preferred croquet.

He took the keys to Tinctus' place by the rooftop entrance. "There's a bridge to the next shops, over there," Kettle exclaimed, with a bit of a gleam in his eye. "It's a risk to jump down. This might lead to a better way, I think?"

>try to open door
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:12 am

His brief answer was a little wave with the ears. Tinctus seemed more interested in the door, as if expectant. Mostly weary, as Kettle tried to open the door.

"We haven't much choice."
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:31 pm

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Lazlo_Theater_26_stairwell

Success! You've unlocked the door!

You opened the door and the first thing you see are stairs. There are only a few steps before it cuts off to a landing.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Tinctus took charge this time.

"Stay here." he said in a strict manner, dispensing any justification.

He lunged forward as quietly as he could, attentive to his surroundings, taking each step one at a time, peaking corners before moving onwards.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:02 am

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 5 Lazlo_Theater_26_stairwell2

Tinctus does all of the above. The stairwell ends after the next drop. The exit door is visible to his position. He also notices how the stairs become slightly more stylized, like a tiny balcony-grade pair of stairs. It might have to do with the door immediately in front of the thylacine.

To the side of the door lies a golden label with well embedded characters. . It reads WAAAAAIT A MINUTE. Does Tinctus know how to read? (you can PM me.) xD;; . Tinctus can't fathom their meaning, but they look really important.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:04 am

Kettle nodded, and leaned against the wall, still keeping attentive, but feeling his eyes start to get heavy.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:46 am

Only by a moment does he stop to see the label. At least, he knew that was a label of something, but he hadn't the faintest idea of what.

Tinctus signalled Kettle to approach to his corner on the stairs, making sure he was the one ahead at all times. For a moment he considered going down the rest of the stairway, but he sighed to the thought.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:26 pm

With Tinctus' gesture, Kettle pulled up from the wall, and tiptoed down to his position.

He took a moment, looking back between Tinctus and the surroundings. Then noticed the sign.

>Read sign
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Kettle read the sign. It says:

Lazlo, Gordon
Director-general
Virgina