Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Empty NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game

Post by Virgina Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:26 am

Undying Phenomenon

About this RP

• This is an alternate universe role play for a reason: the character you choose to play as can die! Watch out for that.
  • If you want to participate, PM me here or at my tumblr page requesting permission. We'll find a way to introduce your character.
  • This thread will be using my RP System. You can read all about it here!
    For a quick rundown on how to build your character, read this!
  • I can make a character sheet for your character if you ask! I will be happy to make a sheet that best complements your character.
  • Don't worry too much about the RP system. This is just like a normal forum RP, only with  dice rolling for when things can go horribly wrong, like fighting, sneaking, or building or stuff, etc. It should not get in the way of your enjoyment. Thank you for joining us!
  • Birds and flying animals are allowed! Just in case you were wondering.
  • RP replies can be a descriptive or short as you want them to be. It's totally okay to switch between them if you find yourself with more or less time.
    >Doing post like this is okay too!
    >Accept Quest
    >Talk to that chicken guard over there!
    >Loot that wardrobe!
    Or it can be as simple as this line of text, or as long as a full-on paragraph!
  • Feel free to "try out" this RP. If you don't like it after a while, or can't keep up, you can PM me and I put your character on a bus!
  • And if the RP system proves to be inadequate or cumbersome, we can abandon it and just play like a normal RP.

For five days, the dead known as the damned have risen in the city of Chervil, Anise. Kettle, an uplift goat from Kinon, had taken shelter in a nearby store. As supplies ran low, Hector, store owner and fox terrier, told the goat about an emergency plan: If the city were to find itself occupied, he'd take his family and meet with others at the an abbey at the other side of town. As it's too dangerous outside, Hector believes a sole survivor would do better making the long trip, and send help when they get there. With some hastily drawn directions on a napkin, the goat headed off.

Kettle found himself in the depths of Lazlo Theater, a live performance house now under siege by the undead. It was where he befriended dreg survivor and all around stoic, Tinctus. Together, they uncovered a secret passageway and fled to the rooftops. Now, they have a long way to go before they reach their destination.

====================================

Last edited by Virgina on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Aether : 4867

Back to top Go down

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Empty Re: NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game

Post by Virgina Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:18 am

First thing's first: I got a Twitter!! I'll be using that to post notifications on RP updates, or there is a delay of some sort. Keep it bookmarked!

Now, I need conformation about where your characters stand when it comes to stats. Up first are what I believe were the last marks on what your characters were doing by the end of Ch. 1. Big notes:

-Tinctus pretty much got through unscathed
-Kettle got bite, hard. A critical land dropped the goat to 7/20 HP. Tinctus gave a (rather smelly) potion to Kettle to help.

Completing chapter one means leveling up! Both characters got 1 Omega Point to use to increase a skill, buy a perk, or get another spell. This is where things get a little hazy:

-Well, except for Dookster's character. We already talked about it, so Kettle now knows the spell [Precision Shot].

-Alfador, I looked through the old PM logs. Looks like you wanted to use yours to up the [Identify] skill. Do you still want that?

Also, I decided that every level up adds 2 HP to your Max HP.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_KettleStatBleat_dlete          NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_Tinctus_Sheet_delete
Old lvl 1 character sheets

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_KettleStatBleat_lvl2start     NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_Tinctus_Sheet_lvl2start
New lvl 2 character sheet

One more thing: I rewind where chapter 2 begins. Instead of starting at the end of the rooftop passage, chapter 2 will be about going through the passage using a board game-like aesthetics. I hope it turns out neat.

I'm sorry for taking this long to finally update. I swear, going to a university and its faster sessions is the worst thing ever. -___- Now were hovering towards the big holidays, and soon I'll be back to school AGAIN. But now I want to try harder to keep this going. I'll understand if neither of you might have troubles during this time of the year.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_raveparty
Energy Drink consumption! +5 to [Dancing]!

So, any questions, comments, Concerns, before we start?
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Empty Re: NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game

Post by Virgina Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:48 pm

The Adventure Continues:

Dusk turns to night. As if my once, all the night sky becomes starry and flickering with animation--a stalk contrast to the streets below. Hector's general dealer is just as still as the the rest of the market. But at Kettle knows there is life there, still dependent for rescue.

Meanwhile, the thylacine stays vigilant. Ever the survivor, Tinctus is determined to annihilate any threat that comes forth.

They both finds themselves ontop of the building adjacent to Lazlo Theater. As always, the cast and crew lead a phenomenal production. A smash it for the history books. It was full of zombies. The two survivors snooped enough to find a signs of a secret route made by the roofs of the adjacent blocks.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_zoneOneFOV

Enough leering made the two notice this much of the path so far. It looks like it continues far after the last building to the top-right. All that remains now is to take action and do whatever it takes to reach the Abbey.

Think of this as a pseudo-board game. The way it works:

• One player takes a turn by rolling a d6.
  • The resulting roll is the amount of spaces you guys traveled.
  • I'll describe the surrounding area in more detail, probably flesh out the buildings within your dice range.
  • You two can then decide which space you want to >investigate, if you want to investigate a place.
  • I'll roll (probably in a different thread) to see if anything happens. Keep in mind I might roll or something might happen even if you guys choose not to do anything, but it's less lightly anything good or bad happens. May be story related.
  • After the event is passed (or if you're done interacting with that spot), it's the next player to roll. Then everything repeats until you get to the end.
  • When you roll, the furthest you reached in the last is the mark of where you start to move. So lets say the previous roll, you guys walked three spaces and explored the second building. Your next roll is then a five. You move five spaces starting at the third space because that was the furthest you guys went.

This is a pseudo-board game because you guys don't really need to follow the exact route. You can try other ways to get to the Abbey, which may end up not really using the pathway after all. It's an RP after all. Everything's mostly randomly generated at the moment.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Kettle is pumped and ready to not die!
NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Kettlenoregrets_zpsf67060c5

...Maybe now would be a good time to take Tinctus' potion.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4790

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Amazing. Simply amazing.

>Kettle drank the Potion.
>5 HP recovered: 12/20 ...err, 14/22.

It's almost like a horde of monstrosities never attacked at all!
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Using up something so important made his hoarder's instincts cry out a little, but his pain and worry throbbed enough that he gave in. The potion's taste was bitter, and interesting combined with the Thylacine's pouch smell.

"I hope I can repay you, Tinctus," he sighed with relief. He glanced at his own bag of scrap items, unsure of their exchange value.
"...Let's see... There's the access the next roof," He moved towards the west building. He wasn't quite aware if Tinctus wanted to be in front yet, his head was a bit light from constant unveilings of terror from the previous building.

Number of Roof Spaces:
((oops, do I make a new post to roll? Lemme know if I'm doing this right. : o))
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Rusty carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:39 am

(Don't worry, it's fine if you use another post for rolls. That's what I do. ^^)

With fully loaded heels, Kettle makes a big leap... all the way to the adjacent structure.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_giffirstzone01POV

The building looked like it sold a some kind of herbs and spices, but Kettle slightly noticed this building just before entering the theater. It looked very destroyed from what the goat remembers.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Quick Update:

-Until Alfa comes back, the role of Tinctus will be played by MMMMEEEEE

-He's mostly going to be silent and follow-y.

-If wish to continue, please roll to move more blocks, then wait for my reply (info abut space, event(s), misc., etc.), then write if you want to investigate further or just roll again.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:57 am

Kettle wanted to explore the herb/spice shop, but the thought of the general store owners' family made him keep hoofing it to the next ancient or redone roof.
Rusty carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 am

(will add pics. in later, maybe edit too. I'm sleepy.)

And hoofed he did. The next rooftops were evenly spaced, Kettle leaped across in a brisk pace while his companion followed.

In total, three buildings were walked through. The first two looked like a pair of competing restaurants. Like most buildings from this lane, they look like heavily looted. Only by entering each restaurant can there be a chance to find anything salvageable.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_zoneOneFOV02
The duo had to stop at the third building. At once, the texture of the structure changed drastically. The building had a sudden ramp in height, making it an uncomfortable but manageable uphill climb. It had a more stoney structure to it, with slabs protruding out of the sides as to have a top of a tower from a keep. It's actually an Inn. The Silverport Inn is recognizable for its appearance as two towers, with a sky-bridge connecting one part from the other across the street.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_hotelView
Most likely not drawn to scale

And it looks like that sky-bridge may come in handy, as the rooftop pathway looks to be cut off. A street lane separates where they are now to the rest of the passageway.

The sky-bridge appears to be a good bet to get them across, but to use it, they'd have to venture into the Inn, at least just enough to cross over. However, there is nothing stopping the two from simply crossing the street... nothing except the darkness and the walking dead! Maybe. The two animals sat down and contemplate these and many more possible courses of action.

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_Tinctushandpuppet
"I'll do what you want to do!" Said team player Tinctus.

(remember, you can always look around and use skills to try to make things happen. You don't have to commit to a choice just yet.)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:26 am

(Those animations are the best! heck yes hand puppet!)

After the jumps and climbs came to a halt, Kettle whispered, "That's a pretty handy sky bridge." The brown goat thought about the options for a while, squinting near-sightedly to examining the architecture and street below.
Ultimately, he wanted to go down into the Inn and go through the bridge.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:52 pm

First of all, welcome back Alfador! Great to hear from you again. I'll make sure to update your character sheet. (It just means his Omega Point is going to [STRONG] instead of [Identify].) You can jump in after this update.

A decision was made. They would go through the inn to use its suspended bridge to make it to the other side. The two searched for a way inside. The roof of the SilverPort is built as a terrace for guest to take in Chervil's entertainment and commerce districts. Behind a certain group of tables and seats was a hatch. The goat beared his teeth at the lever to open it up, and processed inside the building. I'm pretty sure the thylacine followed. I wasn't looking.

The stairs lead to a hallway of the top floor for guest. Several doors for private suites line up with precision left and right. Some doorways were left open, while other shut. The dark made it rather hard to see, however... but silence accompanies, for now.

It's not sure if the hallway ends in front of them or if there is some corner turn for more rooms.

Behind them, of course, were the stairs they used to get into the inn. But adjacent to it were stairs to go another floor down.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 pm

It seemed like there were no horrors making the terrible sounds, which was a relief, but still eerie. Kettle continued treading (tip-toeing, in this silence) along the guest main floor hallway, not quite seeing what lay ahead, but aiming to get to the bridge.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 pm

The two (I'm assuming Tinctus wants to do this too) begin their quiet march to the bridge. While no sounds were heard descending into the hallway, one can't be too sure of what's lurking around each room. A corner might be a corner, or a resting spot of the undead!

> [Sneaking] roll for Kettle

> [Sneaking] roll for Tinctus
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 pm

The member 'Virgina' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 9
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5028

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 pm

The inn has been ravaged. Most of its artifacts and silverware have been looted. Even in this darkness, the sense of missing ornaments is pervasive.

Despite this, Kettle manages to step on nearly every discarded piece of china, rubble glassware, and mysterious objects that go scrash when stepped on. Tinctus took a misstep and cracked a discarded frame in half. The two quicken their pace. Soon they were crossing the bridge.

The bridge had fine workmanship. Moonlight from windows showed off its handcrafted pre-cataclysm workmanship. Fine details etched into the aged wood that would be too difficult for paws or hooves. Perhaps a raccoon prodigy, but it had to know what's it reeeally doing to get this level of craftsmanship.

A lavender carpet is also shown off, or what's left of it. The artisan piece has a pattern of hexagon that builds into a uniform pattern with a thick frame. The carpet actually reaches from one building to the other, and, like the rest of the hallway, suffered damage from the looting. Parts of it have been stretched from heavy dragging, and fibers are sticking out. Some meters of carpet seem to have been cut out as well.

Alas, the two crossed the bridge. They entered another hallway with six doors, although it appears to be slightly smaller than the previous wing. The doors are more spaced out and of different tint, but in the same conditions as the previous wing (i.e., opened, several degrees of damaged, etc.). At the opposite end lies a staircase to go up or down.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:05 am

Kettle's eyes widened at each noise his hasty missteps made. If it weren't such a serious situation he would have laughed nervously.

>Kettle heads straight-on for the next stairs and roof.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:40 am

Finally, on the other side of the inn, the two ascend the stairs. Each step was as heavy as their breaths. When they reached the top of the stairs, a hatch awaited them. Kettle, determined to reach the roof, pushed with his face to raise the hatch. A gleam of moonlight welcomes them...

(pic.?)

... to the quiet top of the northern state of the SilverPort Inn. They find themselves in a similar landing not unlike the preceding inn roof opposite of them. This side is more catered to a small patio, perhaps for private occasions, but also as a small retreat for fancier suite guests. At any rate, the structure of the north edge creates a fine series of ledges to hop down to the smaller building ahead, continuing the passageway.

(map coming soon)

Inn Encounter (Spoilers):

[Page is still work in progress, but it should be enough to continue the board travel. Alfa, if you're reading this, at minimum, you just need to make a small post and roll 1d6 for spaces traveled. Any questions, contact me.]
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 pm

[I'll add something more later on... still haven't read everything properly (previously that is)]

Slightly groggy, or just absorbing his surroundings, Tinctus marched at a steady pace keeping up with Kettle.
Upon entering the inn, every little and large crunch made by Kettle made him twitch eyes, ears and teeth. After his own misstep, if he could, he'd also blame Kettle for his own ineptitude, but knowing fully well it was solely his fault, he kept both quiet and hasted along after the goat.
"Every predator is curious." he had thought to himself, despite coming out as a light mumble.

>Dice roooollllll
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf
Cryomancer Ermine Familiar

Aether : 4738

http://tewi.us/tegaki/uentries.php?u=93882

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 pm

The member 'Tlaetiaf' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 1
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:12 am

[Once again, I'll complete the text now and add in images later.]

Tinctus leads the way. Scaling the wall from a four story tall inn to a two story shop proved to be a little too difficult.

> [Dodge] roll for Tinctus

> [Dodge] roll for Kettle
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:12 am

The member 'Virgina' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 11

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 10
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:23 am

The decline proved to be a challenge, but the two manage enough equilibrium to land the tricky jump to the next roof.

They land on a shop. From the outside, it looks like a store that sells specialty trinkets and a selection of general goods. The shop appears in tact, as it appears it was locked down before the siege began.

Kettle sense there is a refine Aether presence in the building below.

[Either of you can make a post, to roleplay, or investigate, try some skill check, etc.. When you're done here, it will be Dook's turn to roll.]

Also, I updated each character's sheet. Have a lookie:

NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_Tinctus_Sheet_lvl2start NEW AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II: Dangerous Game Th_KettleStatBleat_lvl2start

Tinctus got [STRONG] ranked up, which also gave him a natural point in ATK, ATK DMG, and DEF. Added potion's effect on Kettle's HP. yay
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:27 am

Kettle was pleased to hear both of their claws/hooves hit the shingles with fewer noises. He arrived on this lower roof with a little bit of a repair to ego too, since he was unsure what Tinctus thought/mumbled about their mistakes in the inn's hallways.

His innate aether senses sparked, "I sense some aether power under this roof. Do you see an entrance? Hmm..."

>[identify] entrance
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next