Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jander's Arrival

3 posters

Go down

Jander's Arrival Empty Jander's Arrival

Post by Bramble Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Jander blinked his eyes open as the sun rose, warming him beneath his makeshift blanket of leaves. He sat up slowly, taking care with the tender spots along his left side, fiercely cursing the vagabonds who attacked him the day before. Jander cursed himself next, for his inattention that allowed them to get the drop on him. He only hoped he was near some sort of civilization, where he could perhaps trade for a new rucksack, and find directions to the nearest blacksmith looking for an apprentice. Perhaps even a town with it's own blacksmith. Jander doubted his luck would be that keen though.
He stretched, rubbed the dirt from his belly, and turned along the path he was following. The trees on either side shaded him in patches, their leaves bright green in the summer sun. He winced as he tried to take a deep breath, relaxation causing a momentary lapse in judgement, pulling what he thought was likely a cracked rib, but could just be very badly bruised. Jander walked on, steady despite his injuries, and alert, unwilling to make the same mistake twice.

((Well that sucks. But there we go. This is open for anyone. I have no idea if Ken's keeping track of what season it is in Uplift, but I figured Jander began his journey in the late spring/early summer, arriving when summer was going strong, but not yet mid-summer. 8B I can fiddle that however it needs to be fiddled. I'm not picky. XB ))
Bramble
Bramble
Floramancer Frilled-Lizard Uplift

Aether : 4835

http://zirra--nova.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Jander's Arrival Empty Re: Jander's Arrival

Post by Jack the coyote Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:16 am

*As Jander walked by, Jack was taking a regular nap in a high tree. It was only obvious that he'd fall from the tree, luckily this time, he didn't fall on the wandering visitor, but rather in front of him, some feets away.*

"Oof..." He grumbled.

((My understanding of these RP's is that they happen sort of chronologically, "one after the other" but which happen first and at -what- time is left a bit in the air to make it easy, for rp sake.))
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Aether : 4751

Back to top Go down

Post by Bramble Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 am

Jander startled, crouching low in a ready stance in case of attack, only to wince as his injuries shouted protest to the sudden movement. A coyote had just fallen from a tree. Jander blinked, unsure how exactly to react to this. He'd never heard of any breed of canine even climbing trees, let along falling from them. He decided it would be best to investigate carefully for now, and relaxed from his crouch.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" Jander asked, curious, but holding any more questions in until he understood more about the coyote's temperament. Jander would be able to hold his own in another fight, even with injuries, but he'd rather avoid unintentionally starting anything if he could. He knew some creatures disliked people questioning them about anything, but didn't know if this fellow was one such creature.

((-nods- I was more worried about conflicts with other things that may have happened around the same time as Jander's arrival. If anything did happen, I wanted to at least mention it in passing somewhere. So that the RP fits better into the world. XB ))
Bramble
Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am

"Ugh, yeah, yeah I'm fine, it's not the first time this happens... I...'m about to beat a record in surviving those...Hnng..." He said, a bit to himself while re-gathering his composure. "Brr, well, that's the price for sleeping in tree branches!"

Taking a look at the animal that asked the, normally rhetorical, question he realized he hadn't seen him before. Furthermore, noticed a strange hesitating pose, as if he were injured.

"Haven't seen you before! Name's Jack, you're new around here?" Said, and added. "Uh, need any help?"

((I know what you mean, plus, in my case I also like to keep things sort of canon with my characters, as in, if I haven't met you here, but I'm meeting you in that other rp, I won't be meeting you twice xD))
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 pm

((I've nothing in particular set during this time period that I can think of, that would conflict with this RP :3 Though I think Firebird might still be floating around somewhere, at this point XB ))
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5027

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bramble Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Jander gave him a bemused look. "Perhaps a rope to keep you steady while you rest?" He suggests with a blink.

"A pleasure to meet you. My name is Jander." He continued, smiling and nodding in lieu of a paw shake. "I could use some information on any nearby villages or towns if you're willing to share? Perhaps even one with a blacksmith whose looking for a student?" He hesitated a moment, unsure of Jack's view on magic, then realized he may as well continue. A coyote who sleeps in a tree was unlikely to scorn magic, Jander decided. "I've a bit of magic with metals, and some training in controlling it you see. I'm just in need of a master for further training."

((-nods- Indeed, Al. & thank-you, Ken! X3 ))
Bramble
Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 pm

"I might consider using ropes, yeah" he said with a giggle. "Hmmm metalbenders, I don't really know of any, but then again, I'm still meeting the lovely folk at this forest. This forest is quite full of life my friend! But if you're looking for some "industry" I think you should start with the market. That's where all the hard working fellas gather to sell their supplies! My friend Rusty has a fish stand there. You may find someone who works with metal!"

Then, tying his iconic mantle around his back as a sign of readiness added: "I can take you there if you'd like! It's a bit of a long way."

((Since, the travel to the ruins is sort of a long way, and I'm -guessing- that the aim is Iron Core, whose whereabouts are unknown to me and Jack. Feel free to interrupt the travel, if it's going to happen. Otherwise onwardssss! :B))
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Bramble Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:34 am

Jander nodded. "The market sounds like an excellent place to start." He added, grinning. "Lead the way Jack!" Jander stretched a little, testing his injuries, though he knew they were unlikely to have gotten any better in the short time he'd been talking. His stomach rumbled a protest before he could upset his hurts. "Ah, perhaps if your friend, Rusty, is present and amiable, I might find some way to trade a little of my ability for some fish once we arrive? Thanks to a small group of vagrants, I've nothing else to trade with at the moment." he indicated his empty arms.

((-rolls- I probably won't get back to reply again until Sunday. & yup, Iron Core is the aim. ;B If you want, Al, you can do a time skip to our arrival at the market, or we can wait until I return for that, to see if we can get any others to join. -shrugs- Either way, see ya Sunday! ^w^ ))
Bramble
Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 pm

While walking to the ruins.

"I see... That stinks... Where did they steal your things? Was it near these woods? Might be useful to know, you know to warn the folks around here. And don't worry, I'm sure Rusty will have some extra fish for a newcomer." He said confidently, he could repay Rusty afterwards anyways. And he wasn't going to let that friendly stranger starve after walking all the way to the ruins.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum