Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad!

+3
Ice Paw
Rusty
Virgina
7 posters

Go down

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Empty Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad!

Post by Virgina Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:29 am

By now, many of us have been shown this little neat generator program along with Ice Paw's module. Nifty stuff, eh? Anyways, I while it's fun to take a swing and gawk at the results, we've yet to create a special place for these fellas. That's why I dedicate this thread for any member to create from the generator and post their results here. However, I did think up some fun rules that should make things interesting:

1. Pick a random number

2. Press the 'Go' command that many times.

3. Use the results to illustrate a new character (or characters if you're rolling for more than one character)

Post the results via screencap along with the character (unless you stuck it into the pic. like I did). Bio and other information are optional. You don't have to be fancy about the portrait, either; really, a quick doodle is fine.

For Example: I give you Toohs Fof, Male Uplift Natterjack Toad!
Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Natterjacktoadtoohsfof

As you can tell, he has potential to learn the art of water control, and is utterly, utterly neutral. He's also an open NPC, so feel free to include him in your stories. Maybe kill him off to show how dangerous whatever situation your PC's got themselves into.

Take care!

OH, THE PROGRAM AND FILE, RIGHT!

http://www.nbos.com/products/ipad/ipad.htm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=277TN4EU I hope Ice Paw doesn't mind if I link this. ^^;; (Also, sorry if I posted this topic in the wrong section.)

Last edited by Virgina on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : It helps me to flesh out my messages editing and refining like this ^^;;)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Aether : 4866

Back to top Go down

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Empty Re: Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad!

Post by Rusty Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:12 am

Excelleeeeent idea! I like this guy.
I will definitely try this out, too! Looks fun. :D

---
(Also, I like your photobucket album name for your picture. XD)

This guy's name is Crowley.
Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! MrCrow

Crowley is able to imitate voices with his Auralmancy. He's a well known writer in Argoband, and began his career as a cult researcher. But what he is most recognised for is his comedy- both in writing and acting form. His biggest audience are other Familiars, who are attracted by his relatable stories and humorous impersonations.

Last edited by Rusty on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:56 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to put in more words and stuff)
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4789

Back to top Go down

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Empty Re: Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad!

Post by Ice Paw Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:43 pm

fffffff, this is an awesome idea!

I'll start makin' some shortly, these could easily make for some quick background NPCs, too.

OR, even a new RP thread, with newly made critters... :D
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5027

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Mouker

Mouker's master studied Animism, which is essentially, magic that allows one to take on aspects of animals, and use abilities based on them.

Ever since the Cataclysm, Mouker has been in a sour angry mood. He feels betrayed. betrayed by his Master, by he world, and even the Familiars who continue on without their masters. One day, he'll get back at all those who betrayed him... some day...
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaizoko Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! VPd5d
Aerin's aeromancy ability gives her the power to fly

She travels around telling tales of her journey from times with her master to now. She is a bit of a prankster and will send unattended campsite items into the trees before heading on her way.
Kaizoko
Kaizoko
Psychomancer Dormouse Familiar

Aether : 4700

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 am

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Echidna
Dim holds no particular interest in society and prefers to live as a normal Echidna on his own. Although he does come in contact with other people sometimes- one encounter being an outgoing Shadowmancer that helped train him- he generally stays wild. He can endure a lot, and his specialty in combat is defense. To scare off predators, he curls up in a ball and uses his shadowmancy to look threatening, or to conceal himself. Despite his name, Dim is very intelligent, just not very cultured.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:55 am

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Solaq

Solah is a wandering healer, who is very calm and very kind. Seeing the blight on the world, in the form of suffering, she set out to alleviate as much as possible, and seeks to root out corruption and the pain it causes, wherever she can.
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Bramble Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:17 am

I am a rare and unseen Zirra-Bramble...and I shall be adding some contributions to this...once I've gotten sleep.....

@~@
Bramble
Bramble
Floramancer Frilled-Lizard Uplift

Aether : 4835

http://zirra--nova.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:57 am

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Marineiguana
Tondre is a warrior from the coast, often hired as a mercenary. He is able to talk, but he usually doesn't.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:06 pm

:B
Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Salamander
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Aether : 4751

Back to top Go down

Post by Bramble Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Cayra
Cayra(say-rah) is devious, but entirely self serving. She sometimes sells her skills at sneaking and killing out as an assassin, but there's no guaranteeing she'll actually complete the job. She is in possession of an "icy" touch, which she can only control through extreme concentration, and rarely bothers to control at all. Her armor is made from pangolin scales and leather, with ice shards kept below freezing temperature by her magic. She can use hydromancy...but she just prefers the clean deadliness of her cryomancy.

Feel free to use this character. 83
Bramble
Bramble
Floramancer Frilled-Lizard Uplift

Aether : 4835

http://zirra--nova.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 am

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Procter

Procter is a Familiar with potent divination abilities. He no longer speaks, however, as his powers seem to have driven him completely over the edge. He is, however, very kind, despite his permanent state of loopiness.

No one knows where he picked it up, but in recent years, he has started studying floramancy, and uses his skills to grow gardens, and often randomly gifts what he grows to people he's never personally met.
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:15 am

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Coati
When she was young, Hilda would volunteer herself as a security guard for her family group of 20 feral Coati mothers. Upon reaching adulthood, she felt too out of place, and left. Currently, she searches for her father, and battles for sport when arenas are available. Hilda's muscles, teeth, claws, sight, and hearing are all strengthened by her battle magic.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:03 am

The bird's species is misspelled lol, its Kakapo.
Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! Afennc

Sejr doesn't like to be looked at because of her sorry appearance, and anyone she catches looking at her she will harass. Due to the magic in her blood causing her limbs to constantly grow into unusable clumps, she has felt the need to replace them with metal prosthetics. She doesn't typically like to fight, but she does like the idea of wearing battle armor.
Demon
Demon
Enchanter Cat Dreg

Aether : 4807

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 am

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for making a character. It feels great seeing this thread full of different animals.

Let's Create Characters Using The Inspiration Pad! ZorrilloCOMPLETE

Numerous exposure to raw magic can have an affect on simple, normal animals, and leave them with a vision of a world far grander then their habitat. When the young spotted skunk Zorrillo* awakened and doweled upon that truth, his reaction was to face the greater land, handstand, and then stomped his feet to make the world submit to him! It is this brash nature of his that best describes his mentality, spraying the stink first before considering other odorless solutions. This is especially true once he discovered pubs. Another thing to keep in mind with Zorrillo is his tender soul, for his new-found morals keeps him from hurting others' feelings, or from eating smaller sentient creatures. He avoids this my filling up on fruit or fish when he can afford it. The fact that he's an able trigger-happy skunk makes him a useful caravan guard, although his spunk doesn't hurt things.
*Zo-reel-O, I think. ^^;;
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Aether : 4866

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down